Recipe & Photo Courtesy of: Favorite Family Recipes
One of my favorite appetizers of all time is guacamole dip with tortilla chips! Packed with fresh ingredients from the garden, this recipe is simple to make and delicious to taste.
- 3 avocados
- Red onion, chopped (about 1/4 c.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1 large ripe garden tomato (or 2 smaller tomatoes), diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 4-5 shakes green Tabasco sauce
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Pit avocados and mash in a bowl. If you like your guac kind of chunky (that’s how we like it), coarsely chop with the side of a fork instead of using the fork to mash it straight down.
- Carefully stir in remaining ingredients until well mixed. That’s it!